Friday, June 7, 2013

And Life Moves On...

Another call tonight.  This time we all sat and spoke with him over the speaker phone.  It was so nice to have a family conversation.  Gotta love those speaker phones!  lol!  It did everyone so much good to hear his voice.  It cheered up around here instantly.  He called while cleaning his locker for inspection.  If I had known that all I had to do was bring an Army Drill Sargent in to get a room clean, I would have tried that long ago.  Ha!  He had a happier tone this evening (much happier).  He is just wanting to get to the actual basic training part.  Which starts Monday.  As I suspected, there will be no phone calls or text messages probably for a while after that day.  He told us that he did get pretty sunburned, but had hat, now, and it was helping.  Next week is suppose to get to over 100 degrees.  I can't say that doesn't concern me a bit, because as a nurse and a mother, it does.  However, he didn't sound worried.  He did say that many have already gone home.  Said the drill sergeants could still be pretty hard on them, even during processing.  He figured that and the heat were why they left, but that it didn't bother him.  At least, not yet.  Sent his love and a Hooah! (Army slang, will explain later).  You can tell he misses everyone, but that he is completely content in his decision. So, it looks like I will be finding things to keep me busy.  Not a problem with all the things we have going on right now.  Packing, work, kids, blogs, and many things to keep me going.  I have been working on some new page ideas for this blog.  If you check in regularly you will probably notice them.  It is going to be trial and error, so be patient with me.  I am trying to make this blog as useful as possible to others with loved ones in the military.  Let's face it...there is no blue print or instruction guide to this whole experience.  But I have found that there is comfort, humor, encouragement, and support in knowledge.  Just trying to find out how to organize all of that knowledge to benefit all of us.  It will take time, I am sure.  Lucky for me, time is something I have way too much of these days.  lol!  We will be attending Open Houses Saturday and Sunday.  There are many, but we are ready to get out of this house and do some much needed socializing.  Paul and I are still working on Thank You cards.  There were so many.  Hoping to have those out by the end of the week.  I might have Dustin's address by Thursday or Friday.  When I get it, I will pass it on.  Much love and many blessings.           

No comments:

Post a Comment